Your band, our stage.
It's festival season and we are giving away an opportunity for a local band to perform to thousands of people at Surrey Canada Day and Surrey Fusion Festival!
Here’s how it works.
From May 10 to 30 submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org (please see below for submission details). After our committee selects the top six acts (three for each festival), the public will determine the contest winners. The top six acts’ performance videos will be posted on the Surrey Canada Day and Surrey Fusion Festival Facebook pages and whichever has the most likes by June 12 at 12 p.m. will win!
The winning bands will perform sets on the Maple Leaf Stage at each event; and receive a $300 honorarium.
The top six top bands chosen will all receive a Tim Hortons gift card, valued at $100.
How to Enter:
Submit your entry via email to email@example.com
Copy, paste and fill out the questions below into the email to enter.
- What is your band or artist name?
- List your band member names.
- In what city was your band formed?
- Bio (300 words or less)
- Music or performance video link
- Please attach a band photo to this email
- Are any members a current resident of Surrey?
- Are any members a past resident of Surrey?
- Which event are they applying for (Canada Day: July 1, 2019, Fusion Festival: July 20, 2019 or both)
- Preferred method of being contacted by the City of Surrey if selected: Email or Phone Number
- Social Handles (if applicable): Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Entry Period: May 10, 2019 at 9am – May 30, 2019 at 11:59pm
Selection Process: May 31 - June 3, 2019
Contact Period: June 4, 2019
Public Voting Period: Wed, June 5 at 10am to Wed, June 12 at 12pm noon